Recommended for women in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters with approval from a health care provider. Beginner friendly, all fitness levels welcome and no previous yoga experience necessary.This series will include:
-information/discussion on anatomy, wellness and nutrition*
-developing mindfulness and greater mind/body awareness
-therapeutic applications to relieve common pregnancy discomforts (low back, hips, neck, sciatica, acid reflux, swelling, etc..) by using specific yoga postures and stretches
-an understanding of the Pelvic Floor muscles and Transverse Abdominis (deep core muscles) and incorporating exercises to train and tone these areas to support your body in pregnancy and in postpartum prevention.
-stress reduction and deep relaxation using guided meditation and yogic breathing techniques
-creating Sankalpa (a yoga word for setting an intention of the heart) for birth and motherhood
-preparation of your body, mind and emotions for birth and motherhood by tuning you into your own innate birthing wisdom and intuition
-addressing emotions and fears surrounding birth and helping you to build confidence and trust using affirmation
-building heartfelt connections and relationships with your unborn baby and moms-to-be in your community
-implementing body positivity, selflove and selfcare practices.
Investment: $15 per class *Preregistration is Required*to register for classes they need to be purchased as individual classes or please call or email the studio and we can do them all at once
This one hour class is designed for those with MS who are either independently mobile or who require the use of a wheelchair. The aim of the class is to improve core strength, balance and posture through both seated and standing poses. Participants may choose to do poses on a mat, seated on a chair or a combination of both. Gentle stretching, seated twists and moving joints through safe range of motion aim to keep the body limber and maintain functional abilities. A focus on expanding and calming breath encourages participants to maintain good body alignment as they move through the yoga poses. There is a guided full body relaxation at the end of each class.
Instructor: Mari Newell (Mari is an RN with experience working with people with MS)
Please complete registration form here as it includes emergency contact information and our waiver. Or call the MS Society at 1-800-268-7582 and a staff person can sign you up.
Fee: The MS Society is pleased to partner with Mari Newell and Yoga B Studio to offer these sessions. There will be a small fee for participants to cover costs ($60 for 12 classes).
- Wednesday, September 4th, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 11th, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 18th, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 25th, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 2nd, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 9th, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 16th, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 23rd, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 30th, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 6, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 20, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Additional details: All props are provided by the studio. Students are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing.
For more information, contact Gail at 604-846-8284
We acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia
Prenatal Yoga + Support
Nicole’s intention is to provide you with exceptional guidance and address your individual needs in a supportive setting where you can build a strong foundation, prepare for and celebrate your journey into motherhood.
With a holistic focus, Nicole, thoughtfully interweaves yoga, childbirth education and heart to support you throughout your pregnancy, and prepare you for birth and beyond. Her additional training in Fertility and Postpartum Yoga give her the expertise in keeping your entire journey in mind.
Classes will include breathwork, energy work, meditation, as well as, a variety of yoga styles ranging from gentle flowing movements, supported stretches, and long restorative holds.
This is a great opportunity for you to experience the benefits of yoga, practice self-care, build confidence, self-awareness and connections with other women.
All trimester and fitness levels welcome and no previous yoga experience necessary.
This series will include:
- discussion on anatomy, wellness and nutrition
- developing mindfulness and greater mind/body awareness
- therapeutic applications to relieve common pregnancy discomforts
- an understanding of the Pelvic Floor muscles and Transverse Abdominis (deep core muscles) and incorporating exercises to support your body in pregnancy and in postpartum
- stress reduction and deep relaxation using guided meditation and breathing techniques
- creating Sankalpa (a yoga word for setting an intention of the heart) for birth and motherhood
- preparation of your body, mind and emotions for birth and motherhood by tuning you into your own innate birthing wisdom and intuition
- addressing emotions and fears surrounding birth and helping you to build confidence and trust using affirmation
- building connections with your baby and moms-to-be
Dates + Time:
Fridays at 7 to 815pm
September 6th to October 11th
$110 for 6 classes |pre registration is required*
$20 Drop In | if space permits
*Please note: no refunds, make up classes, or carry overs
This 2 hour class will include:
- The use of specifically chosen Saje essential oils to enhance the experience
- Saje Natural Wellness Pop Up Shop
- An all levels grounding Yoga Practice
- Wellness + Nutrition for the Autumn Season
- Self Care Practices + Ritual + Intention Setting