Postpartum Yoga + Support
These classes are designed to nurture mom through the delicate 4th trimester, known as, the postpartum stage with a more conscious approach to healing after birth. Through awareness, patience, movement, breath and meditation, you will get the opportunity to safely rebuild strength & stamina, relieve physical & emotional tension, and restore your energy level in an environment that promotes self-care.
Babies in the pre-crawling stage are welcomed with the opportunity to be included, however, emphasis is primarily placed on mom (because moms need it most). Come and share your experience, connect and support one another in community as we celebrate motherhood.
Classes are relaxed, casual and social, where all of the babies at some point will cry, need to be fed, changed, and held and it’s all ok !! Please feel free to bring anything that you need for you and your baby to feel comfortable.
No previous yoga experience necessary. Best suited for women as early as 4-6 weeks after giving birth.
For Mothers with babies 6 months old and beyond or if your baby is now mobile, you may join Mom + Baby Yoga at 1pm
This series will help to:
- Celebrate motherhood
- Create a new foundation for better wellness & health
- Promote body positivity, release expectations and develop self-care practices
- Restore mental & emotional balance (prevent/cope with postpartum depression)
- Deepen the bond with your baby
- Build a community of support and friendship with like minded women
- Reduce fatigue and increase energy & vitality
- Stabilize loose joints and ligaments (hormone relaxin is still present in the body)
- Re-train & tone the abdominal wall and aid in closing separation
- Strengthen the pelvic floor and prevent incontinence and prolapse
- Realign the spine and improve posture
- Relieve physical tension in the neck, shoulders and back (due to nursing and carrying your baby)
Thursdays at 11:45am – 12:45pm
September 5th to October 10th
$110 for 6 classes | pre registration is required*
$20 Drop In | if space permits
*Please note: no refunds, make up classes, or carry overs*